Whoever said golfing was a boring sport apparently never tried a standing golf cart. These new and trending devices bring the fun back into golf – not that the sport itself isn’t entertaining enough. Let’s face it: who wouldn’t want to drive around on a motorized skateboard-like device over endless fields of green?
If that sounds somewhat exciting to you, then you will love what’s to come. Over the following top, we’re going to review some of the greatest, most fun golf carts available. Although there aren’t that many models now, there’s enough variety to make it a difficult choice. We’re here to make that decision easier. And don’t worry – the standing golf cart seems to be so popular, many other models are sure to appear.
5 Most Impressive Standing Golf Cart Models
1. Golf Skate Caddy
The makers of Golf Skate Caddy boast that their model can beat any and all competition. While that may just be a marketing slogan, we think the truth is not far behind. The GSC is what you get when you pair an oversized skateboard with four little golf cart wheels. Add a steering wheel (or rod), and a small golf ball pouch in the back and there you have it – the perfect golf cart.
- Can fit two passengers.
- Very solid build, with automatic breaks for inclines.
- Room for a large, 10-inch golf bag.
- USB charging (weather resistant)
- Wireless remote, 2.4Ghz.
- 500mAh battery.
- Wind resistant umbrella can hold at speeds of over 65 mph.
- 1000w engine.
- Custom software.
- Led front and back lights.
- Drink holder, room for GPS and electronic accessories, cooler, thumb throttle, ball storage.
Visit the manufacturer’s page for more details plus where to buy for the Golf Skate Caddy.
2. The Ride On Golf Cart Scooter
While the name is not that inspired, this cart looks and feels amazing. Even if the former spot on our list is inspired by skateboards, this one ups the ante on that. It’s much more maneuverable than the Golf Skate, and its battery can last for a bit longer. However, it has its downsides: it can’t hold more than one person, and it’s slightly weaker. With its tiny motor, it can only climb 20° inclines.
- Lightweight build, active
- Very easy to transport.
- Dual disk brakes with a bicycle-like
- AC Adapter.
- 18” when handlebars are folded.
- 400w engine.
- Pneumatic tires with dual disk brakes.
- Reverse button.
- Golf bag, beverage, tee, and ball storage.
Check out more on this little scooter plus its price over at Hammacher Schlemmer & Co.
The Mantys is a splendid choice. It could be the perfect meeting between the two previously reviewed ones. It features a lightweight build, with a stronger engine. It also has built-in shock absorbers – so you know it means business.
- Shock absorbers.
- High battery yield.
- Double 400W electric engines.
- Rear wheel drive (could be an issue for rough terrain).
- Disk brakes.
- Scorecard holder, ball, cup, and tee
- Top speed of 16 km/h.
- Weighted at just 45 kg.
- Two 1000mAh batteries.
Leev Mobility loves interacting with interested customers. For more info on the product and the cost of shipping, visit their product page.
GolfBoard might be the most famous brand linked with the standing golf cart. Of all the models, theirs was the original one. The sleek design and easy-to-use board come at a hefty price, however. Still, they make two models – one exclusively for golf and cheaper, the second, street legal one, perfect for resorts. Here are the details for the first:
- Can fit up to two people.
- Very solid build.
- Additional features include a speed boost (Sportsboard) for an extra $500.
- 10 mph maximum speed.
- Can handle 40°
- Automatic brakes.
- 4-wheel drive (perfect for rough terrain).
- Golf bag holder.
- Master key switch with theft protection.
- Anti-slip grip.
The upgraded version of the GolfBoard also updates the price. However, this version has a more powerful engine and enhanced maneuverability.
- Amazing for off-road.
- Top speed of 14mph.
- Detachable, heavy-duty baskets.
- Excellent maneuverability, with 13-inch wheels and four-wheel drive.
- Can go up hills and climb 40° inclines with ease.
- Best suited for golf resorts, exotic getaways, and tropical islands.
- Posi-drivetrain, gearbox with integrated motor assembly.
Learn more about the GolfBoard, Sportsboard, and ResortBoard on their official product website.
Whichever option you decide on, the fact of the matter is these carts are amazing. Not only do they bring a joyride to the golf course, but they also make you travel faster and more efficiently around all the holes on court. No matter if you play 18 or 27 holes, a good standing golf cart will always be by your side.
Image taken from the official Golfboard website.