Textron Inc. is a global brand, which manufacturers a number of vehicles, including golf carts. They have $14.2 billion dollars in revenue. This Fortune 500 Company has both Cushman and EZGO under their umbrella. Even though the parent company is located in Providence, Rhode Island, their market extends to 25 other countries.Additional companies in their portfolio include Beechcraft, Hawker, Textron Systems, Cessna, Kautex, Bell Helicopter, Lycoming and E-Z-GO. Since 1960, the EZGO brand has been in operation, but before Textron bought them, they started much earlier, around 1923.Textron Specialized Vehicles provides industrial utility vehicles, E-Z-GO vehicles, Textron ground support equipment, Textron off-road recreational side-by-side UTVs and Cushman commercial vehicles. Textron Aviation handles Beechcraft, Cessna and Hawker brands. They have manufactured 13,000 Bell helicopters used in 130 countries.Textron Systems deals in defense and aerospace. This industry leader produces the COMMANDO® 4×4 armored vehicles, Shadow® Tactical UAS, Aerosonde® Small UAS, Aerosonde HQ and NIGHTWARDENTM Tactical UAS. Textron portfolio is quite large. Providing superior service and performance is high on their list.Textron’s promise is to “continue to pioneer the future of our industries through the power of our brands, our values, our employees and our leadership. Above all else, we’ll build upon our history of success by understanding our customers and delivering exciting, new products that go beyond the expected.”
Textron Golf Cart Options
Generally, you can get either an EZGO or Cushman golf cart, which all falls under the Textron group. EZGO golf carts categories are as follows:
- Food & Beverage
- Turf Maintenance
Hospitality Golf Carts
These include the Shuttle 2, Shuttle 4, Shuttle 6, and Shuttle 8 EZGO carts.
Fleet Model Golf Carts
Sub model designs include the RXV, TXT, Freedom TXT Freedom RXV and the ELiTE Lithium Vehicles.
Food & Beverage Golf Carts
Turf Maintenance Golf Carts
There are eight carts in this category. These include the EZGO Spraytek XP, Hauler 800, Hauler 800x, Hauler 1200, Hauler 1200x, Hauler PRO, Hauler PRO-x and Truckster XD.
Shuttle 2 Hospitality Cart
This cart is considered a labor saver. It comes with one of the largest cargo decks in the industry. You can load it up and not worry about not being able to accommodate many items.With a 20.9-sq-ft cargo deck, you can get a lot of hauling done and minimize the amounts of trips. Think about packing on everything from catering supplies, luggage or just transporting work tools and equipment.The Shuttle™ 2 personnel transport vehicle is versatile enough to suit your hospitality needs.
Features Of The Shuttle 2
This model is geared towards giving each passenger and driver, a modicum of convenience and comfort. To facilitate these requirements, the vehicle has:
- Non-compulsory Weather Accessories: These notonly help to protect the passengers during various adverse weather conditions but the cab, windshield and canopy as well.
- Non-compulsory Restricted Slip Differential: Thisfacilitates greater control of the vehicle and added traction.
- Gas and Electric Vehicle Choices: It is yourchoice whether you prefer a gas or electric vehicle. The electric EZGO golfcart is just as powerful as the gas models, if not more so.
- 20.9-sq-ft Cargo Deck: This has room for almostanything.
Sub Model Features
The gas and electric carts are further customized with different features, especially as it relates to the engine. You will find that the EZGO Shuttle 2 Gas golf cart comes with 2-Passenger Seating, 20.9-sq-ft Cargo Deck has 1,200-lb Vehicle Load Capacity and its engine is a 13.5-hp Kawasaki® Gas Engine.Then there is the EZGO Shuttle 2 Electric. There are two dissimilarities. They include having 1,000-lb vehicle load capacity and 48V electric drive train.But like the gas model, it comes with 2-Passenger Seating and 20.9-sq-ft Cargo Deck.The vehicle does all the work.Transporting weighty equipment and tools is a breeze, because of the vehicle’s capabilities and features. It has the power to haul up to 1,200-pound cargo weight on its 20.9-square-foot cargo deck. Because of the 13.5 hp Kawasaki® gas engine and 48V DC electric drive train!So, if you are looking for more help than you have been getting consider the EZGO Shuttle 2 golf cart.
Shuttle 4 Hospitality Cart
This stylish vehicle has an integrated cargo bed. The Shuttle 4 is different from the Shuttle 2, in that it seats four passengers.Travel in a classy way, and still manage to take your luggage, tools or equipment with you.The extra carriage space is great because it holds more gear for more people. This is advantageous because it minimizes the number of trips you will need to make in whatever aspect of the Hospitality industry you are.Guests can be shuttled around in fine style.
You can get these EZGO golf carts as either gas or electric models. To handle the everyday wear and tear, it has a steel base coat.Its welded steel powder coat, body and frame, complements the ivory and patriot blue standard colors.In terms of dimensions, the Shuttle 4 has:
- Cargo Deck Material: Wood Stake Sides
- Cargo Deck Capacity: 9-cu-ft (0.25 m3)
- Ground Clearance: 4.3 in (11 cm)
- Wheel Track: 34.2 in (87 cm) Front 38.0 in (97cm) Rear
- Wheel Base: 93.5 in (237 cm)
- Overall Height: 48.6 in (123 cm) (w/o Roof) 72.0in (183 cm) (w/ Struts & Roof)
- Overall Width: 48.5 in (123 cm) and 46.5 in (119cm)
- Overall Length: 135.0 in (343 cm)
In terms of performance:
- Speed: 16 mph +/- 0.5 mph (26 kph +/-0.8 kph)
- Outside Clearance Circle: 25.5 ft (7.8 m)
- Bed Load Capacity: 400 lb (181 kg)
- Vehicle Load Capacity: 1200 lb (544 kg)
- Curb Weight: 936 lb (425 kg) to 1418 lb (643 kg)
- Weight W/O Batteries: 926 lb (420 kg)
- Seating Capacity: 4-Person
Steering and Suspension features for both the electric andgas models include:
- Tires: Links 18 x 8.5 – 8 (4 Ply Rated) andHole-N-One 18 x 8.50 – 8 (4-ply Rated)
- Parking Brake: Self-Compensating, Single-PointEngagement (both models)
- Service Brake: Rear Wheel Mechanical,Self-Adjusting Drum(both models)
- Suspension: Leaf Springs w/ Hydraulic ShockAbsorbers (Front) Leaf Springs w/ Hydraulic Shock Absorbers (Rear)
- Steering: Self-Compensating Rack & Pinion(both models)
If you prefer some modifications to the standard features available on these models, feel free to contact EZGO or Cushman for a list of optional features.
Shuttle 6 Hospitality Cart
This model gives you the optimum style and space.This EZGO golf cart has 6 seats arranged in three rows. Two are forward facing and one towards the rear of the vehicle. Unlike the Shuttle 2 golf cart, this model is geared towards transporting multiple people, rather than people and gear.Padded seats offer quite the comfortable ride.This personnel carrier allows you to up your game as it regards to moving people around multiple destinations on your property.
The bench type seating is quite spacious. Plus, the automobile can navigate terrain during the day or night, with added help from the headlights. It has easy movement due to its gas or electric powertrains. Standard features include:
- Optional Limited Slip Differential: This gives you more control and traction for safer transport.
- Optional Weather Accessories: Passengers have coverage and protection thanks to the adequate windshield and canopy coverage.
- Comfortable Bench Seating: Comfort is attained thanks to its ergonomic design.
- Gas and Electric Options: Whether you prefer a cleaner means of power or one, which is more traditional, you have choices. Plus, power is never compromised. It is enhanced.
The Shuttle 6 power features, for both the gas and electric model include:
- Rear Axle Ratio: 11.42:1(Forward) 15.78:1(Reverse) and 17:1
- Gear Selection: Forward – Reverse and Dash-Mounted Forward-Neutral-Reverse
- Transaxle: Differential w/ Helical Gears
- Drive Train: Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) and Motor Shaft Direct Drive
- Speed Controller: 350 Amp AC
- Fuel Capacity: 6 Gallon (22.7 L) Tank
- Cooling System: Air Cooled
- Oil Filter: Spin-On
- Lubrication: Pressurized Oil System
- Air Cleaner: Industrial Rated Dry Filter
- Key Or Pedal Start: Pedal
- Battery Charger: One, 12V Maintenance Free and 1000 Watt, 72V, 120/230V VAC UL Listed
- Electrical System: Starter/Generator, Solid State Reg. and Six, 12V Deep Cycle
- Horsepower (KW): 13.5 hp (10.1 kW) Exceeds SAE J1940 Std. and 72V
- Valve Train: Single Cylinder OHV and 22.4 hp (16.7 kW) Intermittent
- Power Source: 4-Cycle, 24.5 ci (401cc) Low Emission and 72V DC
Shuttle 8 Hospitality Cart
Of the four models in the Hospitality class, this is considered quite a crowd pleaser.This 1600-lb carrying capacity vehicle is built to comfortably transport up to eight people. So, regardless of the distance on your property, your guest can ride in a productive and efficient automobile.The function is enhanced by the reliable powertrain, ergonomically designed seating as well as a large canopy. Both your passengers and drivers are bound to be pleased with the Shuttle 8.
The EZGO Shuttle 8 golf cart is intended for comfort and safety. In terms of the Shuttle 8 gas and electric golf carts performance, the vehicles have:
- Speed: 16 mph +/- 0.5 mph (26 kph +/-0.8 kph) and High Speed 16.5 mph ± 0.5 mph (26.4 kph ± 0.8 kph), Low Speed 12 mph ± 0.5 mph (19.3 kph ± 0.8 kph)
- Outside Clearance Circle: 33 ft (10 m)
- Bed Load Capacity: 400 lb (181 kg)
- Vehicle Load Capacity: 1600 lb (726 kg)
- Curb Weight: 1265 lb (574 kg) and 1695 lb (769 kg)
- Weight W/O Batteries: 1203 lb (546 kg)
- Seating Capacity: 8-Person
Additional Features For All Hospitality Models
One of the great things about the EZGO brand is there effort to offer customers as much versatility as they can handle. Not everyone has the same need or use for a particular golf cart. The accessories are one way in which you can customize the vehicle to suit your needs best.
Here are a few accessories, which you can consider adding to the EZGO golf carts. They include:
- Drop Side Rails
- Locking Glove Box
- Rear View Mirror
- Front Disc Brakes
- Pin Stripes
- Body Color (Forest Green, White or Custom Options)
- Turn Signal with Four-Way Flashers
- Strobe Lights
- Beacon Light Kit
- Dome and Work Lights
- LED Headlights
- Hour Meter
- High Altitude Jetting
- Fuse Cab
- Steel Cab and Doors
- Wheel Covers – Spoke and Chrome
- Limited Slip Differential
Your Upkeep, Safety And Security IsAssured
There are a number of ways to make these vehicles your own. That is one of the main benefits of purchasing any of the EZGO golf carts.In addition, that incorporate the Intellibrake Technology Systems and you are supported through the Techforce™ Assistance Team. That way, your vehicle can have professionals from the company working on maintenance issues.If you are in business to make money and save money, you have a leg up with the assurances offered by EZGO.You do not have to worry about below par work because all technicians are experienced, factory trained and apart of the Techforce™ Assistance Team nationwide network of experienced technicians.